Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some go-to items

About 2 months ago I took my first trip to NY and american airlines lost my bag.  It is safe to say they are my absolute last resort flight carrier when I travel.  Anyway, since they haven't paid me or replaced any of the items that I carried (since I brought the necessities with me...which are now gone) I repurchased some of the items that I loved.


The first item I gave into is my curl creme.  Loreal has a line of hair care products named Kerastase.  I absolutely adore their Oleo-Curl Creme.  This consistency is runnier than most conditioners and has one of my favorite scents - passion fruit!  I put a "walnut" sized amount (per package instructions) and run it through my damp hair in the morning.  My curls come out natural, frizz free, and beautiful.  Definitely a keeper (I have tried A Lot of curly hair products...perhaps a review in the future?)



The next item I replaced was my eyelash curler.  I had been using a Revlon one I had laying around but I needed something better.  The one lost is a Shu Uemura eyelash curler and...this isn't for sale in the states anymore.  womp.  So I purchased a Tarte eyelash curler from Sephora and just received it yesterday-- pretty happy with it so far.  It's a little early to tell if I'd recommend it to others needing to replace their SU.



Since I'd been holding out *hoping* I would get my bag back, I needed to replace my go-to beauty staple.  My best friend introduced me to the Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes kit and I used it all the time.  These eyeshadows aren't glittery yet there is a nice sheen to it.  There is a pink, taupe, and brown eyeshadow and also a concealer.  When I'm needing a more natural look (without going naked on the face), this is what I turn to.  It's a trusted old friend and the first set I purchased lasted a few years.

I had much more in the bag, but I'm holding off on replacing for a little while.

On another note, I "won" a bet against my boss and wore the following earrings yesterday for charity.  Well worth it, I got many compliments...may do this again next year :)  Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I love those earrings! I would rock them all fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them at Francesca's...if I see a pair I'll get them for you

    ReplyDelete