Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First Review: Estée Lauder Skincare

Alright, so I'll admit I have been suckered into purchasing additional products sometimes when I shop the counter, so here are some thoughts on those products I've been using for a few months.  I purchased a few from Estée Lauder (in my opinion, one of the best brands out there) and here's my experience.


I'll begin with some background information.  I'm 25, have normal/oily skin (T-zone a concern), no real concerns with wrinkles or aging.  I have larger pores on my nose and this is something I have been addressing and seeking a solution for.


Idealist




I first tried idealist when I was in college, so perhaps this was 4 years ago or so.  I loved it then but it's a bit pricey when you're on a tight budget.  This product is meant to minimize pores and smooth your skin.
  
This stuff smells really good!  I use this in the morning, a pump and a half and put it all over my face.  This leaves my skin feeling silky smooth but results?  Meh... I haven't noticed a real change but it feels nice.  I might purchase again, might not..we'll see


Advanced Night Repair Serum




I hope you are ready for this.  After the all the hype the reviews and the counter ladies telling me it is their go-to product if it was the only one they could have, I decided to try it out.  I have been quite disappointed with the product overall.  The best I could get out of the Estée Lauder rep was this "is synchronized and recovers your skin."  I needed a bit more detail than that, like how the formula works to convince me but I bought it anyway.  So when I put it on, the smell isn't great but it's not overwhelming either.  This is a really runny formula so I rub it all over my face at night and hope for the best.  At first, I felt like my skin was drying out around my jawline so I stopped using it after a few weeks.  I went back to it and it started again!  This leaves my skin feeling less smooth and I rather save my money on a product that works (it is quite pricey too, almost 50USD for an ounce).  I will not be purchasing this again or recommend it to others.  


Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream




I also tried this a few years back along with the Idealist and sure, it helps with the dark circles a bit.  I don't like it any better than Mario Badescu or my favorite, Kiehls so if it comes as a gift with purchase I'll use it but I'm not seeking to purchase it individually.  It hydrates the skin some, but not enough


Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Cream




Such as the name proclaims, this is a Very hydrating cream.  Before I made the decision to purchase this, I tried the cream on one side of my face in store, and their lotion on the other side.  I liked the way the cream felt better, thus my purchase.  My experience in the Texas summer is my face feels like a greaseball after using this, my nose is completely oily and this began to expand to my cheeks.  The smell is really strong, so I wouldn't recommend it for the fragrance.  The formula is nice and smooth and I plan to try this out in the winter, when it is more appropriate for me to wear but I'm not really the target audience for this moisturizer.  My husband, who has dry skin liked it a lot more than I did.


Time Zone Wrinkle Reducing Cream




I got this as part of a box set that saved me some moolah and it was fun to test out.  I've found that Estée Lauder may not make a moisturizer that works for me and that's fine, one of their other lines (like Kiehls) suits my needs.  This cream smells better but it is still pretty strong.  I liked the way it felt on my face better, but I would still get oily on my nose.  This is another I will test in the winter and see how it goes.




So overall, it turns out I like their makeup a lot more than their skincare.  We'll see if they develop something that is geared to true normal/oily skin types and can stand up to the Texas heat

No comments:

Post a Comment