Saturday, March 19, 2011

Update on AA

It has been almost exactly 6 months since my trip to New York.  In late December, I received my "settlement check" for the lost baggage.  They refuse to pay out for all items over 100 USD unless you supply a receipt, so the check was for less than half of what I am owed (including the bag itself).  If I cash it, then they can close my case, so on 2/16, I faxed them copies of my credit card statements for those items over 100 (blacking out all information not relevant) and waited.  It's been a month and I had my husband reach out to them to see the status of the claim.

Lo and behold, no one had the information.  I refaxed it (thank goodness I am a bit of a pack rat so I had it with me), but I am so frustrated!  How it is acceptable that you are on their timeline, there is absolutely no real communication and you are denied the money you deserve from their mistakes??  Again, I will highly suggest to everyone to look at other airline carriers for all your travel needs and if you must fly AA, be sure to carry on only.


On to regular news...
I have to do a bit of research, so I may publish a review later today.  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment